At Adaptive, we specialise in providing bespoke software development consultancy for our financial clients. Our growing company has offices in London, Barcelona, New York and Montreal and a team of smart, friendly and talented professionals. We work in partnership with our clients to build bespoke, elegant software solutions that transform the way in which they work.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we are now looking for an Office Manager for our Montreal office to support our Directors, staff and Head of HR & Recruiting. We are specifically looking for someone with a flexible approach to their work and plenty of common sense to take overall responsibility for the smooth running of our office.
As our company grows, there will be plenty of opportunity for you to grow in your role and take on new opportunities and challenges.
Whilst this role is varied, the key tasks are as follows:
- Responsible for the pre-processing of the payroll system (so it can be reviewed and approved by a Director);
- Responsible for handling employee’s vacation banks including parental and maternity leave following CNESST rules;
- Responsible for manually reconciling accounting transactions (MasterCard, Government taxes, etc.);
- Responsible for handling contractor and service provider invoices;
- Responsible for reviewing and handling expense claims (so they can be approved by a Director);
- Responsible for taking notes, minutes and writing executive summary for the Canadian Directors Board;
- Providing support to the Head of HR and Directors with job descriptions and social media posting;
- Coordinating the recruitment process for Canadian roles, including having introductory (non-technical) calls with candidates;
- PA support to our Directors to include restaurant and travel reservations, preparing letters and research;
- Meeting and greeting visitors;
- Responsibility for purchasing and asset management;
- Responsible for various day-to-day tasks for the proper functioning of the office and the well-being of employees;
- Responsible for the management of the Employee insurance plan and the Pension plan.
- Act as the point of contact for all travel booking requirements.
- Liaising with suppliers (cleaners, building management, etc.);
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post;
- Organizing team social events;
- Helping the Head of HR on group/local initiatives and implementation;
- Arranging couriers;
- Answering incoming calls.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Excellent working structure;
- Previous administration experience in a busy office;
- Any experience of recruiting would be very useful;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to deal with regularly changing priorities;
- Discretion, specifically with regards to handling confidential or sensitive data;
- Proactive approach with a willingness to pitch in;
- Excellent communication skills—written and verbal;
- Excellent MS Office skills and generally technically proficient (Internet, Google Drive, Dropbox etc.).
- Bilingual (French/English);
- Knowledge of accounting a plus;
- Knowledge of Nethris a plus;
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
In return, we offer a very positive work environment that’s informal, friendly and truly collaborative. We have plenty of informal and formal get together and office beers on Fridays. Please click here to apply.