QA Specialist – Test Automation
We believe that great software is built by teams where collaboration, mutual respect and a drive for quality are front and centre. We want diverse perspectives, a passion for learning and we want people who care deeply about their work. We simply don't understand how long hours cultures are a source of pride or expected to produce excellence. We don't get how combative, political environments are meant to generate amazing teamwork. We don't want an environment where people dread going to work each day. If you feel the same way, please get in touch for a non-committal chat with a member of our team
We are Adaptive, where you’ll use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time, front-to-back solutions for tier-one investment banks and commodity trading firms financial clients using the latest technology, in flat teams where innovation and collaboration are the backbones of our success.
Adaptive is looking for Senior QA Engineer to join an exciting new highly performant and resilient cryptocurrency exchange project we are working on. You will participate in the team effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will be responsible for establishing the QA process and defining test strategy for the project that will allow you to single-handedly guarantee a great level of quality. You will use your knowledge to create, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases working in close collaboration with DEV/BA/UX.
Adaptive is looking for a QA specialist with experience in test automation at API level to join the development of a single-dealer trading platform. You will participate in the team effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will use your knowledge to create, retain and execute manual and automated test cases working in close collaboration with other QA team members as well as DEV, BA and the team on the client side.
- Create, maintain and execute manual and automated test scenarios
- Follow and suggest improvements to the quality assurance process
- Work with Dev and Devops team to improve the test automation solution
- Work with other QAs and DEV team to get maximum test coverage
- Deliver work to agreed milestones
- significant experience in QA role
- experience with test automation at API level
- ability to read/write code in Java
- ability to derive test cases from Functional/Technical designs
- knowledge of Agile SDLC and understands QA role in it
- strong communication and collaboration skills
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- can speak English / read business requirements and technical documentation in English / write acceptance criteria in English
- experience testing applications for Financial institutions (investment banks, brokers, exchanges)
- knowledge of FIX protocol
- experience with automated testing of web applications
- experience with cucumber framework
- experience with Cypress framework
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- experience of working with distributed teams
- Strong desire to raise the bar for your team technically
- Tenacious, curious, and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large scale e-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to have a background check.