Senior Application Support Analyst
We believe that great software is built by teams where collaboration, mutual respect and a drive for quality are front and centre. We want diverse perspectives, a passion for learning and we want people who care deeply about their work. We simply don't understand how long hours cultures are a source of pride or expected to produce excellence. We don't get how combative, political environments are meant to generate amazing teamwork. We don't want an environment where people dread going to work each day. If you feel the same way, please get in touch for a non-committal chat with a member of our team.
Adaptive is looking for a motivated senior support analyst to join our team in Barcelona/Montreal to expand our Operate service. You will become a leader figure of a distributed team of Application support analysts providing support for a number of applications / clients. You have led teams, supported high profile clients and taken responsibility for solving complex technical problems within cutting edge solutions we provide to our clients.
- Provide core support services to our clients
- Managing, logging and tracking issues from start to finish.
- Troubleshooting / resolving application issues.
- Proactive monitoring of our clients applications.
- Test and manage software releases and bug fixes.
- Recognise issues/trends and escalate as necessary.
- Provide leadership within the support team
- Work with our clients, technical teams and management to continually improve our service.
- Lead the support team in the implementation of support best practices.
- Raise initiatives to improve and strengthen the support practice.
- Take responsibility for any escalation and mediation actions.
- Manage support tickets and prioritise these with clients and development teams.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience at degree level or above.
- Significant experience in Application Support & Operations in a 2nd or 3rd line role in an ITIL environment.
- Experience in leading support teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral. Ability to communicate complex, technical issues to non-technical staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the financial service IT industry.
- Good understanding of network and architecture principles.
- Ability to diagnose both functional and low level technical problems.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in cloud infrastructure – Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Experience in Linux environments
- Experience in FIX protocol.
- Experience in a programming language – java, C#, python, perl etc.
- Knowledge of financial jargon.
- Database configuration and management experience.
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large scale e-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
The Small Print
Please note that the successful candidate will need to have a background check.