Graduate Front-End Applications Developer – Montreal/Finance/Graduate $55,000 p.a.
You'll be a 2021/2020 graduate looking for a role starting summer 2021.
WHO WE ARE
We are Adaptive, a successful and growing software consultancy with a great reputation among staff and clients alike. We work closely with our financial clients to build bespoke software solutions to help them to achieve their business goals. As a consultancy, our client's success relies on us making sound technical decisions, collaborating with stakeholders and being up to date with the latest technology and practices in the fintech industry. We're looking for graduates to join us in summer 2021 to build on their degree and internships (where they have been possible this last year), learn about finance and have a great time whilst doing so!
WHO YOU ARE
Does crafting elegant and performant software solutions excite you? Are you keen to work in the finance industry? Would you like the opportunity to learn from industry-leading consultants in a collaborative, professional and friendly environment? Whilst we are going to support your professional development you will currently be able to clearly model, articulate and solve complex problems. You will have a strong passion for software engineering and technology and not be afraid to be out of your comfort zone. We are looking for team players who are proactive and use their initiative.
THE GRAD PROGRAM
We have honed our graduate program over the years to ensure that it provides a great learning experience and prepares our grads for an exciting, fast-paced career in software development. You should expect a mix of hands-on development (you won’t believe the things you’ll be able to do after just a few weeks!) and training in capital markets, alongside brown-bag sessions with colleagues from all different areas of our company to ensure that you fully understand your role in the bigger picture.
The program includes:
- Training in software development;
- Training in financial markets, project management and consultancy skills;
- Gaining practical project work experience and working in an agile team;
- Hands-on training from some of the leading consultants in the industry;
- Working with high-profile clients using the latest technology stacks;
- Experienced, supportive, smart and friendly colleagues;
- Working alongside grads from our other offices.
Required skills and experience:
- Understand basic networking such as HTTP and TCP/IP;
- Armed with a strong desire to progress and learn;
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills to efficiently leverage the knowledge of more experienced members of the team;
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Maths or Science (as long as you are interested in coding) or equivalent (we are flexible for candidates with real, hands-on experience).
Our benefits are designed with you in mind. We aim to provide benefits that are meaningful and useful to you and that reflect our culture.
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Don't worry, we won't put you through tens of interviews! We'll review your application and if it's aligned with what we're looking for, we'll arrange a phone call with you. If after that phone call, we're both happy to proceed, Covid-depending, we'll invite you to our offices to meet with us for an interview (you'll meet a couple of our technical staff and our local office manager). If that goes well, we'll invite you to come back to meet with our directors.
You can find out more about our company by visiting weareadaptive.com. Search for us on Glassdoor to find out what our staff think about us.
Please note that this role is open to direct candidates only; strictly no agencies or third parties. We will not accept unauthorised submissions but if you choose to disregard this and the candidate looks good, who knows, we might contact them directly....