Senior Java Developer – Finance/Greenfield Projects/Great Team – Montreal
At Adaptive, we specialise in providing bespoke software development consultancy for our financial clients. Our growing company has offices in London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York and a team of smart, friendly and talented professionals. We work in partnership with our clients to build bespoke, elegant software solutions that transform the way in which they work.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking for a talented and highly motivated Java Developer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity for a smart, ambitious developer to advance their career whilst working in a team of highly experienced, enthusiastic and friendly professionals. It’s really important to us that this person has a great attitude, the desire to learn and a professional approach to their work and their dealings with others.
As a Java Developer, you will participate in the team effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will be involved in a high profile, business critical, front office project. You will work in a test-driven, Agile development environment.
Required skills and experience:
- A wealth of professional Java software development experience
- Significant experience with Maven, Spring Boot, Cloud Computing.
- AWS experience is required
- Passionate about building distributed, scalable, reliable, and low latency web services
- Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP and REST
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills
- Language: English
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working with distributed teams
In return, we offer a very positive work environment and an informal, friendly and truly collaborative environment. We have plenty of informal and formal get togethers. We have great benefits including subsidized public transit and gym membership, medical, dental, pension, life insurance coverage etc.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
A competitive salary and benefits package,
Experienced, supportive, smart and friendly colleagues,
Work with high-profile clients using the latest technology stacks.
Our benefits are designed with you in mind. We aim to provide benefits that are meaningful and useful to you and that reflect our culture. Some of the benefits below are available to our staff after a 3-month probationary period.
-23 vacation days
- Group insurance with Canada Life
- Our employees have access to the Solareh which is a Help for Employees Program. They can call for help, make appointments with a psychologist, etc and all fees are covered up until a certain amount per category.
- We pay 50% of a gym membership for a maximum of 30$ per month, at any gym
- We pay 50% of the Opus card for STM or RTM (public transit of Montreal and around)
- We have some corporate advantages at restaurants and stores around the office
You can find out more about us by visiting our website.