Agile Delivery Manager – Finance/Greenfield/New York
Want to work with clever people, in an environment where neither politics nor bad habits get in the way of using your talents to deliver great results?
You have found the right place. We are Adaptive, where you, as part of a team of highly skilled software delivery experts, will use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time solutions for Tier 1 investment banks and commodity trading firms.
About the Project
Adaptive is looking for an Agile Delivery Manager to oversee the delivery of a retirement funding platform for our client, a multinational investment bank. You will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of the project’s initiatives.
Adaptive has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and driving the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
The engagement is a strategic project for Adaptive, so the project will be visible throughout the business.
Required skills and experience
- In general, applicants will be expected to have significant experience working in the financial sector
- Client stakeholder relationship management experience within financial services
- Experience delivering successful projects in an “agile” environment
- Experience working with clients to manage project scope and building a delivery plan
- Strong leadership skills
- Managing a robust project budget and rolling up regular status updates to senior stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills in leading a team of designers, developers and business analysts
- Being able to wear multiple hats when necessary (Product, Design, Development, QA)
- Ability to work with distributed teams & keep everyone aligned on common goals
- Active involvement with Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing activities
- Working closely with application/development teams (e.g. "greenfield development")
- Ability to create & maintain a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to raise the bar for your team technically
- Tenacious, curious, and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance and Friday beers
Check us out on our different platforms!
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
You can find out candidate privacy notice here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/