Senior Agile Delivery Manager/Business Analyst – Finance/Greenfield/New York
Want to work with clever people, in an environment where neither politics nor bad habits get in the way of using your talents to deliver great results?
You have found the right place. We are Adaptive, where you, as part of a team of highly skilled software delivery experts, will use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time solutions for Tier 1 investment banks and commodity trading firms.
About the Project
Adaptive is looking for a Senior Agile Delivery Manager/Business Analyst to join a project team to build a retirement funding platform for our client, a multinational investment bank.
Adaptive has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and driving the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
The engagement is a strategic project for Adaptive, so the project will be visible throughout the business.
- In general, applicants will be expected to have significant experience working in the financial sector
- You have worked on projects involving modern web applications, with experience with US mutual funds a plus.
- Experience writing user stories for the development team and UX requirements for the design team based on business needs
- Serve as an integral liaison between the business, development, and design teams
- Remove any blockers on the development or design front
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In particular, the ability to explain even complex concepts clearly through written & visual mediums is expected, so as to create a trusted set of reference documents for the team and for the client
- Ability to work with distributed teams & keep everyone aligned on common goals without meeting face to face
- There is no expectation to be present on site until the current predicament is under control -- Adaptive is taking a safe stance
- Once the situation stabilises and only then, there will be an expectation to be able to come on site in the City of New York punctually, on short notice
- Ability to create & maintain a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Actively manage the client’s expectations, make assumptions explicit and keep a log of important decisions throughout the engagement
- Actively involve oneself in coming up with a realistic roadmap that mitigates project risk
- Work with UX, QA and developers throughout the backlog building process, to avoid the roadblocks inherent in a sequential process
- Active involvement with design activities
- Take part in Event Storming / Workflow-Driven Design workshops (prior experience a plus)
- Capture and define the processes/workflows impacted by the solution we are delivering
- Experience with responsive design
- Active involvement with Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing activities
- Write falsifiable Acceptance Criteria
- Test the application manually & write bug reports to the same standard as a tester (if not with the same efficiency)
- Take an active role/the lead in defect triage
- Sufficient understanding of technical idioms
- In particular, an understanding of data structures & communication protocols is expected to allow discussion with technical experts and the capture of related requirements
- Experience working to deliver greenfield UI's that interact with legacy backends & applications
- Keen understanding of the strengths and potential pitfalls that come with an Agile delivery philosophy, based on extensive personal experience
- Experience managing robust project budgets and rolling up regular status updates to senior stakeholders
- Experience working with clients to manage project scope and building a delivery plan
- Strong desire to raise the bar for your team technically
- Tenacious, curious, and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance and Friday beers
- 23 days vacation
- Medical, dental and vision from day 1
- Life insurance
- Commuter Benefits
Check us out on our different platforms!
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
You can find out candidate privacy notice here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/