QA Specialist – Backend Test Automation
Want to work with clever people, in an environment where neither politics nor bad habits get in the way of using your talents to deliver great results?
You have found the right place. We are Adaptive, where you, as part of a team of highly skilled software delivery experts, will use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time solutions for Tier 1 investment banks and commodity trading firms.
About the Project
Adaptive is looking for a QA specialist with experience in Back-end testing and API test automation to join the development of a new project for a retirement funding platform. You will be responsible for establishing the QA process and defining test strategy for the project that will allow the team to guarantee a great level of quality. You will participate in the team’s effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will use your knowledge to create, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases working in close collaboration with DEV/BA/UX as well as QAs on the client side.
- Create, maintain and execute manual and automated test scenarios
- Establish the QA process and define test strategy for the project
- Work with Dev and Devops team to implement an API test automation solution
- Work with the DEV team and QA on the client side to get maximum test coverage
- Deliver work to agreed milestones
- Significant experience in QA role
- Ability to derive test cases from Functional/Technical designs
- Excellent knowledge of Agile SDLC and understands QA role in it
- Ability to create automated test scripts using Postman or equivalent tools
- Experience with automated testing for back-end/server applications
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Can speak English / read business requirements and technical documentation in English / write acceptance criteria in English
- Experience testing applications for Financial institutions (investment banks, brokers, exchanges)
- Ability to read/write code in C#
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of working with distributed teams
In return, we offer a very positive work environment and an informal, friendly and truly collaborative environment. We have plenty of informal and formal get togethers. We have great benefits including subsidized public transit and gym membership, medical, dental, pension, life insurance coverage etc.
Don't worry, we won't put you through tens of interviews! We'll review your application and if it's aligned with what we're looking for, we'll arrange a phone call with you. If after that phone call, we're both happy to proceed, we'll arrange for you to speak with someone in the technical team by phone. If that goes well and we're all still happy, we'll invite you to our offices to meet with us for an interview
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
You can find our candidate privacy notice here.