Product Owner- Finance/Greenfield/Banking
Want great work, interesting tech but no politics?
Want to work somewhere where productivity trumps presentation?
You've found the right place. We are Adaptive, where your team will use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time, front-to-back solutions for tier-one investment banks and commodity trading firms financial clients using the latest technology, in flat teams where innovation and collaboration are the backbones of our success.
About the Project
Adaptive is looking for a Product Owner to join a project team to build a retirement funding platform for our client, a multinational investment bank.
Adaptive has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and driving the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
The engagement is a strategic project for Adaptive, so the project will be visible throughout the business.
- In general, applicants will be expected to have significant experience working in the financial sector
- You have worked on projects involving modern web applications, with experience with US mutual funds a plus.
- Experience writing user stories for the development team and UX requirements for the design team based on business needs
- Serve as an integral liaison between the business, development, and design teams
- Remove any blockers on the development or design front
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In particular, the ability to explain even complex concepts clearly through written & visual mediums is expected, so as to create a trusted set of reference documents for the team and for the client
- Ability to work with distributed teams & keep everyone aligned on common goals without meeting face to face
- There is no expectation to be present on site until the current predicament is under control -- Adaptive is taking a safe stance
- Once the situation stabilizes and only then, there will be an expectation to be able to come on site in the City of New York punctually, on short notice
- Ability to create & maintain a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Actively manage the client’s expectations, make assumptions explicit and keep a log of important decisions throughout the engagement
- Actively involve oneself in coming up with a realistic roadmap that mitigates project risk
- Work with UX, QA and developers throughout the backlog building process, to avoid the roadblocks inherent in a sequential process
- Active involvement with design activities
- Take part in Event Storming / Workflow-Driven Design workshops (prior experience a plus)
- Capture and define the processes/workflows impacted by the solution we are delivering
- Experience with responsive design
- Active involvement with Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing activities
- Write falsifiable Acceptance Criteria
- Test the application manually & write bug reports to the same standard as a tester (if not with the same efficiency)
- Take an active role/the lead in defect triage
- Sufficient understanding of technical idioms
- In particular, an understanding of data structures & communication protocols is expected to allow discussion with technical experts and the capture of related requirements
- Experience working to deliver greenfield UI's that interact with legacy backends & applications
- Keen understanding of the strengths and potential pitfalls that come with an Agile delivery philosophy, based on extensive personal experience
Please note that the successful candidate will need to have a background check due to the kind of projects we work on.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: We strongly believe that diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace and that Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary;
- 23 days of vacations;
- 50% of the cost for group insurance which includes health, dental, life insurance and short or long-term disabilities,
- up to 5% of your annual salary as a pension plan contribution, if you contribute the same,
- 50% of your public transportation monthly pass,
- 50% of a gym membership
Please note that the successful candidate will need to undergo a full background check.