Business Analyst (Real-time Trading Systems)
Adaptive was founded in 2012 based on the common desire of four software engineers, who met in the trenches, to work together again. It was built from the ground up as a place where talented people can find challenges, and get recognition commensurate with their abilities. We provide the opportunity to tackle a variety of complex problems using cutting-edge technology, to meet our clients’ needs and ambitions.
Since our humble beginnings, we have grown to about 200 people in 4 locations (London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York), while maintaining the same ethos.
We focus on the delivery of bespoke solutions, as we believe this is the key for our clients to keep control over their core business activities and maintain a competitive advantage. To mitigate the risk in investing in a new build, we have an array of accelerators at our disposal, including our Aeron-based, battle-tested platform Hydra.
We have several opportunities getting close to a start, and are looking for Business Analysts who would be a good fit.
About the project
You would join a medium-sized team distributed in our Europe & North America offices, on an ongoing project that we have been designing, building and operating on behalf of our client.
We have been building a trading platform for repurchase agreements (“repos”) that supports RFQ negotiation flows involving multiple buy-side and sell-side parties.
The platform is currently used and operated in Europe & North America, and we continue to support its development.
- Strong Experience with the FIX protocol and FIX engines required
- Applicants will be expected to have significant experience working in the financial sector, with experience working on real-time trading systems being especially sought after
- Domain knowledge of repurchase agreements (“repos”) highly appreciated
- Previous experience & knowledge of regulatory items (e.g. RT24) would be beneficial
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In particular, the ability to explain even complex concepts clearly through written & visual mediums is expected, so as to create a trusted set of reference documents for the team and for the client
- Ability to work with distributed teams & keep everyone aligned on common goals without meeting face to face
- There is no expectation to be present on site until the current predicament is under control -- Adaptive is taking a safe stance
- Once the situation stabilises and only then, there will be an expectation to be able to come on site in the City of London punctually, on short notice
- Flexibility to support releases in the evening on weekdays (at least once a week)
- Ability to create & maintain a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Actively manage the client’s expectations, make assumptions explicit and keep a log of important decisions throughout the engagement
- Actively involve oneself in coming up with a realistic roadmap that mitigates project risk
- Work with UX, QA and developers throughout the backlog building process, to avoid the roadblocks inherent in a sequential process
- Remain closely involved with the team throughout the delivery of the backlog
- Active involvement with design activities
- Take part in Event Storming / Workflow-Driven Design workshops (prior experience a plus)
- Capture and define the processes/workflows impacted by the solution we are delivering
- Propose functional solutions to the client’s business problems
- Active involvement with Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing activities
- Write falsifiable Acceptance Criteria
- Test the application manually & write bug reports to the same standard as a tester (if not with the same efficiency)
- Support users during UAT by answering their queries
- Take an active role/the lead in defect investigation & triage
- Sufficient understanding of technical idioms
- In particular, an understanding of data structures & communication protocols is expected to allow discussion with technical experts and the capture of related requirements
- Keen understanding of the strengths and potential pitfalls that come with an Agile delivery philosophy, based on extensive personal experience
What do we offer in return?
Our leaders foster a flat and collaborative structure and our experts have extensive technical experience and strong business knowledge. You will be able to learn a lot from them, and them from you. You will be working on challenging projects and get every chance to share your opinions and grow professionally. No politics, no nonsense, just a great team and a great project.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: We strongly believe that diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace and that Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large scale e-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to have a background check due to the kind of projects we work on.