Java Developer – Finance/Greenfield/Manhattan
Our New York team are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team and work on a greenfield project that will deliver a next-generation back office system for a major custodial bank. The platform will be delivered with a modern technology stack throughout. This includes a reactive HTML5 front-end and Java back-end.
Please note that Adaptive offers a flexible, hybrid working model to support our employees.
You will be:
Working alongside your Adaptive BA's, PM's and developers
Driving the delivery of this trading platform
Required skills and experience:
- Significant, professional server-side software development experience
- General familiarity with data structures such as sets, hashes, caches etc
- Experience developing Back Office financial systems, E-Trading, SWIFT, IBM mqSeries etc
- Experience in delivering OMS/EMS/Exchange systems
- Exposure to equities trading & brokerage a plus
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming in in Java. Min Java 8 required; Java 11+ exposure is a plus
- General knowledge of data injection/inversion of control
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills
- Language: English (fluent)
- Must be able to work for Any US employer
- Experience working with distributed team
Adaptive was founded in 2012 based on the common desire of four software engineers, who met in the trenches, to work together again. It was built from the ground up as a place where talented people can find challenges, and get recognition commensurate with their abilities. We provide the opportunity to tackle a variety of complex problems using cutting-edge technology, to meet our clients’ needs and ambitions.
Since our humble beginnings, we have grown to about 200 people in 4 locations (London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York), while maintaining the same ethos.
We focus on the delivery of bespoke solutions, as we believe this is the key for our clients to keep control over their core business activities and maintain a competitive advantage. To mitigate the risk in investing in a new build, we have an array of accelerators at our disposal, including our Aeron-based, battle-tested platform Hydra.
- 23 days vacation
- Medical, dental and vision
- Gym subsidy
- Life Insurance
Check us out on our different platforms!
Don't worry, we won't put you through tens of interviews! We'll review your application and if it's aligned with what we're looking for, we'll arrange a phone call with you. If after that phone call, we're both happy to proceed, we'll arrange for you to speak with someone in the technical team by phone. If that goes well and we're all still happy, we'll invite you to our offices to meet with us for an interview
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
Please note that Adaptive Financial Consulting Inc makes use of the E-Verify system to validate employees' right to work in the US.