Senior DevOps/SRE/Infrastructure – Finance/Greenfield/Barcelona
Infrastructure Automation Senior Consultant - DevOps/SRE
We are Adaptive, where you’ll use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time, front-to-back solutions for tier-one investment banks and commodity trading firms financial clients using the latest technology, in flat teams where innovation and collaboration are the backbones of our success.
Adaptive has a growing number of projects using the Hydra trading platform in multiple locations (London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York). Hydra is a framework built on top of Aeron messaging for building low-latency systems such as exchanges or workflow engines. We are looking for a candidate to be part of the ops team, and participate in defining infrastructure best practices in both Hydra infrastructure development and testing, as well as client infrastructure and Adaptive hosted Hydra projects. You will report directly to the Head of Operations Centre.
Ideally, we would need to see strong experience within projects building, testing and running custom database or other persistent data services in cloud environments, using immutable infrastructure principles.
Due to the current pandemic, this role will not be fully office-based for a period. We continue to prioritise the safety and well-being of the Adaptive team.
This position is within the DevOps team and will be responsible for:
- Making Hydra-based projects easy to deploy and manage, through automation & standardisation.
- Participating in best practice definition for Hydra based project installations.
- Guiding the development team in best practice CI/CD, and full system testing.
- Supporting projects solutions and support teams, maintaining the infrastructure, and using lessons learnt to improve best practices.
- Enhancing cloud services operations and monitoring to be as proactive as possible
- Troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, identifying issues and assisting in their timely resolution
- Maintaining strict adherence to security policies within the organisation
- Designing maintenance procedures and operational guide
- Testing, evaluating and implementing new technologies
- Extensive Troubleshooting Skills & Coordination skills
- Demonstrated skill in deploying and supporting large-scale, customer-critical systems.
- Significant professional experience
- Strong understanding of AWS
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Strong knowledge of automation technologies.
- Strong understanding of common network protocols.
- Good knowledge of scripting language (Python, Bash);
- Good knowledge of Docker
- Strong understanding of Terraform and cloud automation tools
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact confidently and communicate technical instructions to colleagues at all levels.
- Experience in building, deploying and managing stateful services (Database, RAFT Cluster, etc)
Nice to have
- Financial industry experience
- IPsec experience
- Nomad or any other container orchestration solution
- Low-level x86 hardware knowledge.
- Networking & Firewall device skills.
- Low-latency tuning.
- Java and Golang
Our benefits are designed with you in mind. We aim to provide benefits that are meaningful and useful to you and that reflect our culture. Many of our benefits are available to our staff after a probationary period.
- 23 days vacation
- Ticket restaurant of €11 per working day
- Pre-tax savings on transport and childcare
- Wellbeing package to support your health
- Language classes (English and Spanish)
- Pension plan with 5% match
- Private Health Insurance including dental cover
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large scale e-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to undergo a background check.
Candidates can find our privacy notice here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/