Senior Java Developer – Finance/London/Greenfield
We are Adaptive, a successful and growing consultancy. Adaptive was founded in 2012 when four industry experts recognised that real-time technology is fundamentally changing businesses within the financial, capital and commodities markets. These systems are complex and need the very best people and IP to successfully deliver them.
Adaptive was intended to be the kind of company that the four founders would like to work for themselves; solve challenging business problems, using the latest technology, surrounded by smart colleagues, in an environment that’s professional, collaborative, and non-hierarchical.
Our clients include the world's leading investment banks and commodities businesses. We have a global reach with offices in London, New York, Barcelona and Montreal. We have a proven track record of delivering powerful, elegant and intuitive trading platforms using the latest technology and techniques.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team and work on a greenfield project to develop a trading platform. This is an exciting project that will have a high public profile.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will coordinate and participate in the team effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will be involved in the design of a distributed, loosely-coupled multi-region platform architecture while remaining involved in hands-on coding. You will work in a test-driven, Agile development fashion. A fraction of your time will be dedicated to team lead responsibilities: liaising with the front-end team to coordinate delivery, assign backlog tasks to team members, facilitate their work, identify and remove blockers, report to management. You will remain abreast of the newest developments in technology and quickly adapt to them to achieve better results.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience developing real-time trading systems, E-Trading, etc
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming in Java. Java 8/11 required
- Test-driven development, experience with BDD
- Passionate about building distributed, scalable, reliable, and low latency services
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- Familiarity with high-performance, allocation-free code is a plus
- Familiarity with Spring Boot and the websocket and FIX protocols is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS tooling, DynamoDB is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent is good to have but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Language: English (fluent)
- Must be able to work for any UK employer
- Experience working with distributed teams
What we offer in return:
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Great work/life balance
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace; Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. Everyone should feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work at Adaptive, without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative
Check us out on our different platforms!
Don't worry, we won't put you through tens of interviews! We'll review your application and if it's aligned with what we're looking for, we'll arrange a phone call with you. If after that phone call, we're both happy to proceed, we'll arrange for you to speak with someone in the technical team by phone. If that goes well and we're all still happy, we'll invite you to meet with us for an interview
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
Our candidate privacy notice can be found here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/