Full Stack Developer (Java/React) – Finance/Greenfield/Manhattan
Our New York office is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team and initally work on a project where our client is looking to create a cohesive framework to enable their clients to create custom workflows using the appropriate functionality available across its suite of applications.
Adaptive was founded in 2012 based on the common desire of four software engineers, who met in the trenches, to work together again. It was built from the ground up as a place where talented people can find challenges, and get recognition commensurate with their abilities. We provide the opportunity to tackle a variety of complex problems using cutting-edge technology, to meet our clients’ needs and ambitions.
Since our humble beginnings, we have grown to over 200 people in 4 locations (London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York), while maintaining the same ethos.
We focus on the delivery of bespoke solutions, as we believe this is the key for our clients to keep control over their core business activities and maintain a competitive advantage. To mitigate the risk in investing in a new build, we have an array of accelerators at our disposal, including our Aeron-based, battle-tested platform Hydra.
You will be:
Working alongside your Adaptive BA's, PM's and developers
Driving the delivery of this trading platform
Required skills and experience:
- Significant, professional full stack software development experience.
- General familiarity with data structures such as sets, hashes, caches etc
- Experience developing financial/capital markets systems, electronic trading, SWIFT, FIX etc
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming in in Java. Min Java 8 required; Java 11+ exposure is a plus
- Some experience with React (v16.8 and above, with hooks) and TypeScript required. Exposure to styled libraries such as styled components and reactive libraries such as RxJS would be beneficial.
- Experience delivering microservices with Spring Boot and, ideally, Kafka
- General knowledge of dependency injection/inversion of control
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with FinSemble or OpenFin is an advantage
Must be able to work for any US employer
What we offer in return:
No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
Great work/life balance
- 23 days vacation
- Medical, dental and vision
- Gym subsidy
- Life Insurance
Check us out on our different platforms!
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace; Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative.
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.