Marketing Officer – Finance/Software
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career, to take the next step and so perhaps don’t have ALL of the skills listed below? That’s okay! You will be working with our CEO and sales and marketing team who will support, coach and guide you so that you will learn all of the below and more. This is a rare opportunity to be truly part of a multinational sales and marketing team and spearhead its online marketing activities to achieve group revenue targets.
We are Adaptive Financial Consulting, a successful and growing software consultancy firm and we’re looking for someone who has a growth mind-set and a pragmatic and hands-on approach to join our marketing team. We started out in London in 2012 and now have offices in New York, London, Barcelona and Montreal and 200 people in our highly collaborative, dynamic and low-hierarchy organisation.
ABOUT YOUR MISSION:
Our motto is “Your solution, delivered”
Adaptive partners with capital and commodity market participants that value differentiation through technology. Our experienced teams design and deliver complex bespoke solutions using our proven accelerators that create long-term competitive advantage for our clients. We believe that the best results come from true partnership with our clients and we create value by combining their business needs and expertise with our domain experience, proven accelerators and delivery capability. In return, our clients realize this value as they benefit from full ownership of the business solution.
Sales and Marketing goal
The purpose of Sales is to achieve and exceed the company’s annual target revenue through opportunistic and increasingly strategic sales activity, to build sustainable and recurring revenue portfolios. The goal of Sales is to build profitable long lasting relationships with clients. The purpose of Marketing is to support sales to achieve this goal by improving lead generation and conversion rates through the production of relevant and compelling content for our target audience in collaboration with front-office and HR. Adaptive’s approach to Marketing is based on an agile style, with a particular focus on content generation to underpin our credentials during the Sales process.
The marketing goal is to STAY FRONT OF MIND, Online.
Adaptive Marketing initiatives underpin our B2B enterprise software sales activities. Your target audience are technically and functionally literate capital markets firms and individuals who are looking to make significant and important investments in their trading infrastructure.
You will work across our organisation, particularly with our sales team but also with various stakeholders on multiple initiatives and programmes to drive our marketing activities and monitor and measure their success in supporting our aggressive growth agenda.
We’re looking for the following skills/experience (but we are prepared to train the right candidate):
- Content marketing, inbound marketing and lead nurturing
- Experience developing content to support the entire buyer journey
- Customer-centric messaging
- Solid understanding and experience of developing and implementing a marketing strategy
- Digital campaign management
- Event management and attendance (to include associated travel)
- Branding, including employer branding for recruiting and retention purposes; build the company narrative and awareness of that narrative
- Media relations, PR and thought leadership marketing
- Market, competition and buyer persona research
- Understanding of account based marketing
We’d like you to be:
- Life-long learner who wants to grow in your career
- Very process-oriented
- Comfortable with the fact that “no battle plan ever survives first contact with the enemy”
- Ability to prioritise and make a quick and meaningful impact
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances
- Interested to learn how to put together and manage a marketing budget
- Detail-oriented: in fact, by way of application, as well as sending us your CV/resume, please include a cover letter that mentions this line item. Your letter should demonstrate your writing skills and detail why you’re a good fit for this role...in one page
- Familiar with GDPR and how that impacts sales/marketing
- Succinct and impactful in your writing style
- Concise, professional written and spoken English to a high standard suitable for business communication
- Excellent editorial skills
- Excellent project management
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills
- Great organisation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and also independently when needed
- Ability to create engaging content
- Proficient use of Google office suites, Microsoft office suites, and collaboration tools such as Zoom, Slack, Google, Atlassian.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PR releases and media communication
- Website and blogs management experience - WordPress
- Email marketing experience - Constant Contact or similar
- Creative design skills for marketing collaterals
- Data/CRM management - Salesforce
Required professional background in one of the following:
- Financial services
- Marketing and PR
- Technology and software
What we offer in return:
We believe that great things are achieved by teams where collaboration, mutual respect and a drive for quality are front and centre. We want diverse perspectives, passion for learning, and people who care deeply about their work.
We don’t encourage a culture where staff compete to see who can work the most hours. We don’t believe long hours produce excellence. We don’t believe that combative or political environments create excellent teamwork. We strive to create an environment where our team looks forward to coming to work each day.
We offer a terrific benefits package that is truly reflective of our culture. Find out more about our company by visiting our website or check out our Glassdoor page to see what our colleagues are saying about us.
Location: Barcelona or London. You will have the option of working from home. Some travel may be required.
Our benefits are designed with you in mind. We aim to provide benefits that are meaningful and useful to you and that reflect our culture. Many of the benefits below are available to our staff after a probationary period.
- 23 days holidays
- Ticket restaurant of €11 per working day
- Pre-tax savings on transport and childcare
- Wellbeing package to support your health
- Language classes (English and Spanish)
- Pension plan with 5% match
- Private Health Insurance including dental cover
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace and Adaptive is better when it is more representative of the world around us. Everyone should feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work at Adaptive, without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative.
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance
Please note that the successful candidate will need to have a background check.