In-house Recruiter – Fluent French Speaker – Montréal Technology/Finance
Who we are and what we're looking for:
We are Adaptive, a successful and growing software consultancy and we’re now looking for a talented in-house recruiter to join our team. Whilst the finer details of the role are as below, what we’re looking for is someone with solid technical recruiting experience, a focus on an excellent, efficient candidate experience, superb interpersonal skills, brilliant team work and a ‘roll your sleeves up and pitch in’ attitude. We look for high quality developers, project managers, BA’s and UX staff to join our growing team.
You will be part of a distributed recruitment team and will work collaboratively with your US and Europe-based recruiting team and partner with colleagues across our business to drive efficient, effective recruiting processes. You'll be focussed on Montreal recruitment but will work internationally on recruitment for our London, Barcelona and New York offices.
You will have:
- Experience of a wide range of recruitment strategies with the most appropriate and cost-effective methods of advertising and recruiting;
- Experience of technology recruitment, the market and a network of high-calibre people within that market;
- Decent knowledge of finance/software development (enough to get by in an introductory conversation at least) and an interest in learning more to build a great rapport with candidates;
- Experience of the full candidate recruitment lifecycle and the confidence to make direct approaches to candidates;
- Ability to properly engage with candidates and build warm, positive relationships based on trust and respect;
- Ability to multitask, quickly assess business situations and prioritise accordingly;
- Ability to work on your own initiative and not afraid of raising issues, suggesting improvements etc;
- Knowledge of provincial employment laws regarding recruitment advertising, candidate interactions (storing notes on candidates, resumes etc.);
- Experience of salary negotiations;
- An authentic and honest approach, not a corporate drone;
- Tact, discretion and experience of dealing with confidential data.
You will be:
- Working collaboratively with your recruiting colleagues;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships internally;
- Writing job specs in collaboration with your technical colleagues and producing exciting and attention-grabbing ads;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with active and passive candidates;
- Market mapping specific employers where we can find excellent candidates;
- Creating innovative, effective candidate sourcing solutions, streamlining recruitment processes and constantly evaluating and iterating on your approach;
- Building and maintaining a pipeline of quality candidates;
- Engaging with hiring managers to build the right interview process for each role;
- Speaking with candidates to screen them and to sell the Adaptive opportunity;
- Arranging phone and in-person/Zoom interviews and working with your recruitment colleagues to continually optimise this process;
- Continuing our push for quality interview feedback data;
- Tracking candidate progress through the process and ensuring a positive and timely candidate experience;
- Driving consistency and fairness, and advocating for your candidates;
- Promoting our referral programme internally and prioritising all referrals;
- Benchmarking salaries and offering guidance on appropriate compensation packages;
Good to have:
- Excellent English (to interact with US-based candidates)
- Some knowledge of the Montreal fintech market
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance
Our benefits are designed with you in mind. We aim to provide benefits that are meaningful and useful to you and that reflect our culture. Some of the benefits below are available to our staff after a 3-month probationary period.
- 23 vacation days
- Group insurance with Canada Life
- Our employees have access to the Solareh which is a Help for Employees Program. They can call for help, make appointments with a psychologist, etc and all fees are covered up until a certain amount per category.
- We pay 50% of a gym membership for a maximum of 30$ per month, at any gym
- We pay 50% of the Opus card for STM or RTM (public transit of Montreal and around)
- We have some corporate advantages at restaurants and stores around the office
Adaptive Financial Consulting Inc. is an equal opportunities employer.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace; Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative
Please note that we will carry out a background check on the successful candidate.
Candidates can find our privacy notice here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/