Senior React Developer
WHO WE ARE
We are Adaptive, a growing and successful software company with a great reputation amongst staff and clients alike. We work closely with our financial clients to build bespoke software solutions to support their business goals. Our client's success relies on us making sound technical decisions, collaborating with stakeholders and being up to date with the latest technology and practices in the Fintech industry.
We offer a very flexible, hybrid working model to support our employees and their families.
Our New York office is looking for a senior Web Developer to deliver a next-generation all-to-all real time trading platform to serve the North American institutional market. The platform will be delivered in a greenfield manner with a modern technology stack throughout. This includes a reactive HTML5 front-end and a clustered, resilient back-end. Adaptive has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and driving the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
As a web applications developer, you will:
- Build greenfield financial applications alongside your Adaptive colleagues
- Use the latest technology to create elegant and robust solutions
- Contribute to building and releasing quality software on time
- Use your knowledge to build great-looking, event-driven and highly interactive interfaces
- Collaborate with server-side developers, user-experience designers and business analysts
- Participate in a test-driven, agile environment
- Keep up to date with the developments in technology and quickly adapt to them to achieve better results
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive client-side development experience, gained while building single-page web applications
- Practical knowledge of web tooling such as Webpack, NPM, Yarn, Gulp and PostCSS
- Understanding of ES6 and newer ES specifications
- Proficient with Chrome developer tools, including knowing how to diagnose and fix performance issues
- Experience of working on front office systems
- Language: English (fluent)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Working with distributed teams
- TypeScript, Rx.js, Redux
- Event-driven APIs
- Real time trading experience
- 23 days vacation
- Medical, dental and vision from day 1
- Matching 401K
- Gym/Wellbeing subsidy
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
Don't worry, we won't put you through tens of interviews! We'll review your application and if it's aligned with what we're looking for, we'll arrange a phone call with you. If after that phone call, we're both happy to proceed, we'll arrange for you to speak with someone in the technical team by phone. If that goes well and we're all still happy, we'll invite you to our offices to meet with us for an interview
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
Please note that Adaptive Financial Consulting Inc makes use of E-Verify to validate employees' right to work in the US.