Senior Web Developer – Contract – Outside IR35
Senior Web Developer
Adaptive was founded in 2012 based on the common desire of four software engineers, who met in the trenches, to work together again. It was built from the ground up as a place where talented people can find challenges, and get recognition commensurate with their abilities. We provide the opportunity to tackle a variety of complex problems using cutting-edge technology, to meet our clients’ needs and ambitions.
Since our humble beginnings, we have grown to about 200 people in 4 locations (London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York), while maintaining the same ethos.
We focus on the delivery of bespoke solutions, as we believe this is the key for our clients to keep control over their core business activities and maintain a competitive advantage. To mitigate the risk in investing in a new build, we have an array of accelerators at our disposal, including our Aeron-based, battle-tested platform Hydra.
The provision of these services is outside of IR35 - we use IR35 Shield for our assessments.
As a Senior Web Application developer, you will:
- Design and build modern web applications for financial clients - we will provide specific project detail upon application.
- Work with UX and business stakeholders to produce outstanding customer experiences.
- Continuously deliver software working in an agile team environment.
- Actively participate with Adaptives global community of expert web developers, ensuring the best technologies and practices on our client’s projects
Required skills and experience:
- You have extensive client-side development experience, gained while building web applications.
- You are a ReactJS Expert. You know how to use it and how it works.
- You have used Typescript on previous projects.
- You have practical knowledge of web tooling such as Webpack, Storybook, NPM and Yarn.
- You are highly proficient with Chrome dev tools.
- You have some experience working with data-centric applications such as those found in Finance or Data visualisation.
- Language: English (fluent)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Working with distributed teams
- Strong desire to raise the bar for your team technically
- Tenacious, curious, and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- A quick learner with excellent communication skill
This contract is outside IR35
The small print
Please note that the successful candidate will need to undergo a background check due to the kinds of projects we deliver.