Java Developer – Finance/London
Adaptive was founded in 2012 based on the common desire of four software engineers, who met in the trenches, to work together again. It was built from the ground up as a place where talented people can find challenges, and get recognition commensurate with their abilities. We provide the opportunity to tackle a variety of complex problems using cutting-edge technology, to meet our clients’ needs and ambitions.
Since our humble beginnings, we have grown to about 200 people in 4 locations (London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York), while maintaining the same ethos.
We focus on the delivery of bespoke solutions, as we believe this is the key for our clients to keep control over their core business activities and maintain a competitive advantage. To mitigate the risk in investing in a new build, we have an array of accelerators at our disposal, including our Aeron-based, battle-tested platform Hydra.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join the team.
Post-pandemic, Adaptive will roll out a very flexible, hybrid working model to support our employees.
You will be:
Working alongside your Adaptive BA's, PM's and developers
Driving the delivery of this trading platform
Required skills and experience:
- Significant, professional server-side software development experience
- General familiarity with data structures such as sets, hashes, caches etc
- Experience developing Back Office financial systems, E-Trading, SWIFT, IBM mqSeries etc
- Experience in delivering OMS/EMS/Exchange systems
- Exposure to equities trading & brokerage a plus
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming in in Java. Min Java 8 required; Java 11+ exposure is a plus
- General knowledge of data injection/inversion of control
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills
- Language: English (fluent)
Must be able to work for any UK employer
Experience working with distributed team
What do we offer in return?
Our leaders foster a flat and collaborative structure and our experts have extensive technical experience and strong business knowledge. You will be able to learn a lot from them, and them from you. You will be working on challenging projects and get every chance to share your opinions and grow professionally. No politics, no nonsense, just a great team and a great project.
- 25 days holiday
- Family medical and dental
- Life insurance and long term disability cover
- Pension scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Season ticket loan
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace; Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative.
Check us out on our different platforms!
The small print:
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
Candidates can find our privacy notice here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/