Head of QA Practice
Head of QA Practice / QA Manager
Adaptive has a strong engineering culture - one to which we attach huge importance.
Practices are our centres of excellence for the engineering disciplines within Adaptive: UI and Back End Development, UX, Quality Assurance, Project Execution and Programme Management. Each practice goal is to be recognised for mastery and innovation within the discipline.
With expert-level experience, each Head of Practice is accountable for owning, building and maintaining Adaptive’s capability in that discipline: people, internal community, processes, tools, techniques and strategy.
As part of the leadership team, Heads of Practice are expected to provide leadership to members of their practice and more widely across the firm: role modelling our values, behaviour and culture. They also represent Adaptive to our clients and communities, including hiring, sales, delivery, marketing and more widely in industry forums and events.
As a Head of QA Practice you will be expected to also take a hand-on QA role in one of our client-facing projects acting as a QA Manager or QA Lead at roughly 50% capacity. You will participate in the team effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will be responsible for defining and improving the QA process, test strategy and test plans for the project that will allow the team to guarantee a great level of quality in a sustainable way. You will use your mentorship and leadership skills to build and support the QA team on Adaptive side.
As QA Manager/QA Lead:
- Take a hands-on QA role in one of Adaptive projects at 50% capacity
- Define the QA Process and Test Strategy for the project
- Create Test Plans for major Test Phases
- Build and mentor a team of QAs on Adaptive side
- Collaborate with QA on the client side
- Work with the DEV team and QA on Adaptive and client side to get maximum test coverage
As Head of QA Practice:
- Help Adaptive define level standards for the practice and use them to support people’s growth
- Improve, standardize and maintain the interview process to ensure uniformity (eg. intermediate is an intermediate in all locations and regardless of who did the interview and when)
- Manage career development of Adaptive staff
- Overview of the career development plan of each resource in the practice
- Implement a structure where senior members of the practice mentor junior ones
- Ensure that Talent Development Plans are in place for their resources in the practice
- Regularly engage with staff in the practice to mentor and help them through their growth path
- Support staff welfare
- Advise on resource allocation across new and existing projects
- Works with SMEs to ensure knowledge is shared between projects, clients and offices when appropriate and is utilized to further Adaptive's tech excellence
- When needed, ensure that projects, especially in the kick-off phase, are following Adaptive’s standards or help to frame why they should deviate
- Provide strategic advice and direction to our client and to Adaptive’s teams
- Keep in touch with the industry trends and understand the impacts and opportunities for Adaptive
- Help to define and drive the maturation of Adaptive best practice from inception to commercialisation when required
- Ensure that Adaptive best practices are formalised and could be demonstrated
- Monitor adherence to best practice where applicable
- Prepare and maintain pre-Sales materials
- Attend Sales meetings, client calls and able demonstrate our expertise and approach
- Participate in proposal and estimation process
- Engage with the wider tech community as an expert in the field and presents at conferences
- Takes an active part in the professional online community
- Coordinate marketing content generation within their practice (blog, white papers, brown-bag)
- Significant experience in QA roles in Agile environment
- Significant experience in people management particularly in the area of QA
- Significant experience and expertise level in testing of applications for the finance/investment sector
- Hands on test automation experience ideally including modern tools like Cypress (Web test automation)
- Excellent knowledge of Agile SDLC and understands QA role in it
- Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of working with distributed teams
- Experience in consulting
What do we offer in return?
Our leaders foster a flat and collaborative structure and our experts have extensive technical experience and strong business knowledge. You will be able to learn a lot from them, and them from you. You will be working on challenging projects and get every chance to share your opinions and grow professionally. No politics, no nonsense, just a great team and a great project.
- 23 days vacation
- Ticket restaurant
- Private health insurance
- Language classes
- Flexible remuneration (ticket transport and ticket kindergarten)
- Wellbeing benefit
- Pension plan scheme
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace; Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative.
Check us out on our different platforms!
The small print:
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
Candidates can find our privacy notice here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/