Project Manager – Finance/Trading/City
The Project Manager is a key role in ensuring that Adaptive delivers our engagements successfully for our clients, whilst also meeting Adaptive’s goals and the goals of our team members.
With a servant-leader mindset, the project manager works closely with the team to plan and execute the engagement within the agreed budget and ensures that the client is kept appropriately updated on progress, risks, issues and budget.
The Project Manager gives our staff the autonomy they require in their role to be motivated and grow professionally. They are a role model for Adaptive’s values and behaviours and accountable for the smooth functioning of the delivery team.
Specific responsibilities for the Project Manager will vary over time and depending on the particular engagement. Some responsibilities may also be delegated.
- Tracking Client obligations
- Managing non-contractual expectations
Delivery and Governance
- Plan: Define, track and maintain
- Facilitating production of estimates by the team
- Managing RAIDs
- Maintaining audit trail
- Governance - defining meeting structure and running meetings etc
- Status reporting - internal, client and team
- Budget and expense management
- Working with the team to agree the delivery approach, methods and ceremonies
- Plan and manage resourcing
- Task management
- Manage team holidays & sickness
- Team members’ welfare
- Manage performance of team members
- Project vision & goals
- Team morale
- Maintaining culture
Administration & Finance
- Manage financial forecasts in Adaptive’s financial management system, Kimble
- Manage and approve timesheets and expenses
- Create invoices and monitor/.chase payments
The Project Manager is a role model for their team and an ambassador for Adaptive externally.
We strongly believe that Adaptive values are the behaviours and skills that are valued by every member of our staff. As a project manager it is vital that you embody them in your way of working:
Vision: evaluating risk, creativity, inspiring, leading change, innovation, developing strategy.
Ownership: taking initiative, assuming responsibility, managing upwards, empowered, problem-solving, critical reflection.
Collaboration: team working, leading projects, engaging stakeholders, respecting cultural differences, negotiation, meetings, dealing with conflict.
Achievement: delivering outcomes, coaching, staff development, promoting a ‘healthy workplace’ (from a psychological safety perspective), resilience.
Respect/Awareness: self-awareness, promoting ethics, acting with and promoting integrity, supportive of staff, works to build trust, transparency.
In return, we offer-
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace and Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. Everyone should feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work at Adaptive, without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative
- Family medical and dental
- 25 days holiday
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Cover
- Season Ticket Loan
- Gym Subsidy
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
The Small Print
Please note that the successful candidate will need to undergo a background check due to the kind of projects we work on.