Performance Engineer – Finance/Manhattan
As a company, we focus on the delivery of bespoke solutions, as we believe this is key for our clients to keep control over their business activities and maintain a competitive advantage. To mitigate the risk of investing in a new build, we have an array of accelerators at our disposal, including our Aeron-based, battle-tested platform Hydra.
We’re looking for a Performance Engineer to work on a highly-scalable, asset brokerage platform for our client, which will service a variety of retail, institutional and omnibus accounts. Our client is expecting exponential growth and so have selected Adaptive and our accelerator platform, Hydra, as the backbone for their new infrastructure to face those scalability challenges.
You will be:
- Making sure the application meets its performance requirements
- Identifying bottlenecks in the application code, libraries and infrastructure
- Optimising application code
- Working with other team members and other teams (e.g. when you need to change a library or tune the OS)
Required skills and experience:
- Expert in Java and the JVM
- Good understanding of computer architecture and networking
- Good understanding of how Linux works
- Experience in profiling Java applications
- Experience in writing benchmarks
- Experience in analysing and tuning OS performance
- Experience with low-latency and garbage-free development
- Familiarity with financial domain, trading and FIX
- Familiarity with the following technologies is good to have but not essential:
- Kernel bypass
- Good communication skills
- Experience working with distributed teams is very good to have.
In return, we offer-
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace and Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. Everyone should feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work at Adaptive, without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative
- Family medical, dental and vision
- 23 days vacation
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Subsidy
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large scale e-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
The Small Print
Please note that the successful candidate will need to undergo a background check due to the kind of projects we work on.
US-based applicants should note that Adaptive uses E-Verify to validate right to work in the US.