Java Developer – Finance/Greenfield/Manhattan
Adaptive was founded in 2012 based on the common desire of four software engineers, who met in the trenches, to work together again. It was built from the ground up as a place where talented people can find challenges, and get recognition commensurate with their abilities. We provide the opportunity to tackle a variety of complex problems using cutting-edge technology, to meet our clients’ needs and ambitions.
Since our humble beginnings, we have grown to about 200 people in 4 locations (London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York), while maintaining the same ethos.
We focus on the delivery of bespoke solutions, as we believe this is the key for our clients to keep control over their core business activities and maintain a competitive advantage. To mitigate the risk in investing in a new build, we have an array of accelerators at our disposal, including our Aeron-based, battle-tested platform Hydra.
Our New York office is looking for a senior Java developer to join our team and work on a project that will deliver a next-generation wealth management system for a major financial technology service provider. The platform will be delivered with a modern technology stack throughout. This includes a reactive HTML5 front-end and Java back-end. Adaptive has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and being a key part of the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
You will be:
Working alongside Adaptive BA's and developers along with client staff
Required skills and experience:
- Significant, professional server-side software development experience
- Experience developing Back Office financial systems, E-Trading, SWIFT etc
- Experience in delivering well tested Spring Boot based microservices in a cloud environment
- Experience with delivering services over Kafka
- Exposure to equities trading, wealth management & FIX protocol a plus
- General familiarity with data structures such as sets, hashes, caches etc
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming in Java. Min Java 8 required; Java 11+ exposure is a plus
- General knowledge of data injection/inversion of control
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills
- Language: English (fluent)
Must be able to work for any US employer
What do we offer in return?
Our leaders foster a flat and collaborative structure and our experts have extensive technical experience and strong business knowledge. You will be able to learn a lot from them, and them from you. You will be working on challenging projects and get every chance to share your opinions and grow professionally. No politics, no nonsense, just a great team and a great project.
- Family medical, dental and vision
- 23 days vacation per year
- Life insurance
- LTD and STD
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace; Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative.
Check us out on our different platforms!
The small print:
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.
Candidates can find our privacy notice here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/
Please note that Adaptive uses E-Verify to validate candidates' right to work in the US.