Java Developer – Finance/Greenfield/Manhattan
JAVA DEVELOPER - FINANCE/BANKING/TRADING
Are you sick of having to work stupidly long hours to get recognition and career development? Wouldn't you love to work with a great team of smart, like-minded people who want to work hard and do well but to have a great time whilst doing so? Wouldn't it be awesome to not have to deal with politics but just to turn up each day, do great work with your wonderful team and then go home? We feel exactly the same way and so are delighted to tell you that we're hiring!
Our New York office is looking for a senior Java developer to join our team and work on a greenfield project that will deliver a next-generation back office system for a major custodial bank. The platform will be delivered with a modern technology stack throughout. This includes a reactive HTML5 front-end and Java back-end. Adaptive has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and driving the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
You will be:
Working alongside your Adaptive colleagues, consisting of BA's, PM's and developers
Driving the delivery of this trading platform
Required skills and experience:
- Significant, professional server-side software development experience
- Familiarity with Spring Boot and REST APIs
- Familiarity with databases, SQL and Spring Boot data access
- General familiarity with data structures such as sets, hashes, caches etc
- Experience developing Back Office financial systems, E-Trading, SWIFT, IBM mqSeries etc
- Exposure to custodial processes and repos (repurchase agreements) and collateral management a plus
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming in Java. Java 8 required; Java 9/10/11 exposure is a plus
- General knowledge of data injection/inversion of control
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent is good to have but not essential
Excellent communication skills
Language: English (fluent)
Must be able to work for Any US employer
Experience working with distributed team
What we offer in return:
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Great work/life balance
Check us out on our different platforms!
Don't worry, we won't put you through tens of interviews! We'll review your application and if it's aligned with what we're looking for, we'll arrange a phone call with you. If after that phone call, we're both happy to proceed, we'll arrange for you to speak with someone in the technical team by phone. If that goes well and we're all still happy, we'll invite you to our offices/have a remote final interview to 'meet' with us.
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.