QA Specialist (Test Automation)
Adaptive was founded in 2012 based on the common desire of four software engineers, who met in the trenches, to work together again. It was built from the ground up as a place where talented people can find challenges, and get recognition commensurate with their abilities. We provide the opportunity to tackle a variety of complex problems using cutting-edge technology, to meet our clients’ needs and ambitions.
Since our humble beginnings, we have grown to about 200 people in 4 locations (London, Barcelona, Montreal and New York), while maintaining the same ethos.
We focus on the delivery of bespoke solutions, as we believe this is the key for our clients to keep control over their core business activities and maintain a competitive advantage. To mitigate the risk in investing in a new build, we have an array of accelerators at our disposal, including our Aeron-based, battle-tested platform Hydra.
About the Project
Adaptive is looking for a QA specialist with experience in test automation to join the development of a multi-asset broker platform. You will participate in the team effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will use your knowledge to create, retain and execute manual and automated test cases working in close collaboration with DEV/BA/UX as well as the server team. You will use your experience with test automation to enhance the project’s test strategy and contribute to our robust test automation solutions in collaboration with DEV and DEVOPS. You will work in a test-driven, Agile development fashion. You will remain up to date with the latest developments in technology/test-automation and quickly adapt to them to achieve better results.
- Create, maintain and execute manual and automated test scenarios
- Follow and suggest improvements to the quality assurance process
- Work with Dev and Devops team to improve our test automation solutions
- Work with other QAs and DEV team to get maximum test coverage
- Deliver work to agreed milestones
- Significant experience in QA role
- Experience with test automation
- Ability to derive test cases from Functional/Technical designs
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC and understands QA role in it
- Knowledge of one or more of BDD frameworks like Gherkin/Cucumber/Mocha/Chai
- Strong experience in at least one of the following test automation areas:
- Back end test automation:
- Experience in Java with Cucumber automation solutions
- Front end test automation:
- Experience with one of the modern Web test automation solutions like Cypress/Playwright/Webdriver.io
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience testing applications for Financial institutions (investment banks, brokers, exchanges) particularly trading flows
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Experience with testing of mobile test applications
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of working with distributed teams
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance
Our benefits are designed with you in mind. We aim to provide benefits that are meaningful and useful to you, and that reflect our culture. Many of the benefits below are available to our staff after a probationary period.
- 23 days holiday per annum
- Private health insurance
- Language classes (Spanish and English)
- Ticket Transport & Ticket Restaurant
- Well-being benefits
- Pension Plan Scheme
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace; Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative.
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large scale e-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to undergo a background check.
Our applicant privacy notice can be found here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-notice-applicants-adaptive-financial-consulting-ltd/