JAVA DEVELOPER MANILA
Mabuhay! This is an exciting opportunity for a Java Technical Lead to join a pioneer team in the Philippines! We are a growing company that is expanding our operations and setting up a brand new office in the country. Join us as we embark on this exciting journey and work alongside a team of dedicated professionals in other locations around the globe to help shape the future of our business in the region. As a member of our pioneering team, you will have the unique opportunity to help build our brand and establish our presence in the Philippines. We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about their work and eager to make an impact in the dynamic and fast-paced capital markets/trading industry.
At Adaptive, we are a financial consulting firm that partners with capital, commodity, and digital market participants. We value differentiation through technology. Our experienced teams design and deliver complex front-office technology solutions using our proven accelerators to create long-term competitive advantage.
Our clients include the world’s leading investment banks, investment managers, fintech and capital market service providers. With a global reach with offices in London, New York, Barcelona and Montreal, we have a proven track record of delivering powerful, elegant and intuitive trading technology solutions.
- A great team player who loves sharing knowledge and learning from others
- A problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Excited about learning new things and keeping up to date
- Happy to work in a test-driven and Agile development fashion
- Happy to work in a hybrid environment, with once a week in our office in Ortigas CBD for meetings with colleagues, training, and social activities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 2 years experience in Java server-side software development.
- Expertise in Java technologies, including related Java and other technologies.
- Solid experience programming using Core Java. Minimum Java 8 required; Java 11+ exposure is a plus.
- General knowledge of data injection/inversion of control.
- Experience using messaging technologies.
- General familiarity with data structures such as sets, hashes, caches etc.
- Knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP and REST.
- A good understanding of software development methodologies and best practices, including experience with Agile methodologies
- Working with DevOps to deploy applications.
- Experience with software maintenance, bug fixing, and enhancements.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Design and develop Java applications based on the client’s requirements.
- Write clean, efficient and well documented code.
- Troubleshoot and debug Java applications to ensure smooth performance.
- Conduct unit testing to ensure code quality and application stability.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, and reusability.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in Java development.
- Participate in Agile development methodology and adhere to software development best practices.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Exposure to equities trading & brokerage.
- Experience developing Front Office financial systems
- Experience using messaging technologies
- Experience in delivering OMS/EMS/Exchange systems
- Exposure to equities trading and brokerages
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS or Azure, is a plus.
- To be immersed in high-standard engineering culture. Our fantastic team takes pride in crafting complex technical solutions but also loves sharing their knowledge and helping you grow professionally (we have great people here at Adaptive😁) You can learn from anyone here, which is the beauty of it
- To take part in the growth and development of a great company
- Our teams feel free to speak up, make suggestions and raise concerns.
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other, and pitch in
- Great consideration for work/life balance (highly-flexible, hybrid working model, well-being benefits ). The balance between professional and personal life is massively important to us.
- We work hard to provide a positive, collaborative and inclusive culture and to positively impact our staff and local communities through different well-being, diversity and inclusion programmes.
WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK OF US 🗣
You can check our Glassdoor page 🎉
Among our benefits are:
- 23 days PTO
- Retirement plan
- HMO including dependents
- Group Life Insurance
Long interview processes are stressful and boring, and that is not us 😉
We want to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
So here you will have three stage interviews:
1- A chat with one of our great recruiters.
2- A zoom chat with one of our Java colleagues where they will ask you detailed questions about Java knowledge and your experience
3- A Face to Face interview (either in our office or via Zoom). During this interview, we will dig even deeper, and you will have a technical task to do.
But don’t worry; everything will be explained to you step by step by your recruiter.
Here is a little tip for you during those stages:
Collaboration is massively important to us, so don't hesitate to share your thoughts, ask questions, ask for help if needed, etc 😊
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: 💜
Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace, and Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgment or negativity.
All we ask is that our colleagues are respectful, collaborative, passionate about what they do, and have the skills needed to be successful in their roles.