Senior Engagement Manager – FINTECH/London
At Adaptive, we are a financial consulting firm that partners with capital, commodity, and digital market participants. We value differentiation through technology. Our experienced teams design and deliver complex front-office technology solutions using our proven accelerators to create long-term competitive advantage.
Our clients include the world’s leading investment banks, investment managers, fintech and capital market service providers. With a global reach with offices in London, New York, Barcelona, Manilla and Montreal, we have a proven track record of delivering powerful, elegant and intuitive trading technology solutions.
We are now looking for a Senior Engagement manager to join our team in London.
- A strategic thinker with great communication skills
- A great relationship builder with your team and clients
- A problem-solver and team player
- Be the senior delivery face of Adaptive to our clients, managing the long term relationship, ensuring alignment between our client’s long term goals and the services that Adaptive provides.
- build strong relationships with key stakeholders and be the escalation point for any issues or concerns.
- take the lead on commercial, contractual and renewal discussions, involving other areas of Adaptive, such as sales, when appropriate.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OF HANDLING THE FOLLOWING:
Engagement Management is a broad activity, where the specific activities will vary depending on the nature of the engagements for which the Engagement Manager is accountable.
As an Engagement Manager you will be accountable for a portfolio of engagements. Depending on size and complexity, individual engagements may:
- Be managed by a dedicated programme or Project Manager;
- Be managed by a Delivery Lead;
- Comprise individual/small groups of resources with no Delivery Lead.
For all cases you will provide whatever leadership, management and support is necessary for successful delivery of the engagement and the welfare of the team.
For engagements with an allocated Programme or Project Manager, this will include:
- Overseeing delivery of the projects, ensuring appropriate management of people, delivery, schedule, budget and risks;
- Acting as an escalation point for project-related issues escalated by project managers and delivery leads.
For engagements with an allocated Delivery Lead, this will include:
- Delivery and Governance
- Plan: Define, track, maintain
- Estimate production
- Managing RAIDs
- Ensuring Audit Trail is maintained
- Governance - define meeting structure
- Governance - running meetings etc
- Managing resource and financial details in Kimble, including:
- Resource and financial forecasts
- Actual spend vs budget/forecast
- Client Relationship Management:
- Escalation contact point for client
- Participating in regular client reviews
In addition to the above, for engagements with no allocated delivery lead, this will include:
- Providing leadership to the Adaptive resources allocated to the engagement:
- Ensuring engagement vision & goals are understood
- Maintaining team morale
- Maintaining culture
- Ensure informal local practice social/bonding events are organised periodically
- Delivery and Governance
- Governance - internal and external status reporting
- Work with Delivery Leads and Head of Practice to manage local resourcing of Project Managers and Delivery Leads for engagements.
- Identify gaps and engage with the Head of Practice, Local Director and HR team to recruit new hires to fill them, contributing to the recruitment process as needed.
- Contribute to the physical and mental welfare of local practice members by:
- Monitoring for signs of potential welfare concerns.
- Contribution to the management and resolution of any concerns raised.
- Contributing to the management of local practice members’ performance by:
- Ensuring clear expectations for roles they are allocated.
- Recognising exceptional performance by individuals (e.g. feeding back to the individual, messaging Head of Practice, Directors and others).
- Contribution and/or ownership of remediation plans and monitoring for below expectation performance by individuals.
- Managing the career development of individuals in the team and acting as mentor to help them navigate the Career Progression Framework.
- Inputting to compensation reviews.
Delivery Management input to sales & marketing
- Prepare and maintain pre-Sales materials
- Attend Sales meetings, clients call and could demonstrate our expertise and approach.
- Participate in proposal and estimation process
- Write/review Statements of Work (SOWs) and Master Service Agreements (MSAs)
- Engage with the wider tech community as an expert in the field and presents at conferences
- Participate in an active online community
- Coordinate marketing content generation within his/her practice (blog, white papers, brown-bag)
Implementation of agreed strategic changes
Working with the Head of Practice:
- Collaborate with relevant groups to devise new approaches, processes, ways of working at suchlike.
- Build consensus around changes.
- Own the roll out, change management and communication plans for changes.
- Monitor take up and remediate issues to ensure processes are effectively embedded.
- Propose areas for change.
- To be immersed in high-standard engineering culture. Our fantastic team takes pride in crafting elegant solutions to complex technical problems but also loves sharing their knowledge and helping you grow professionally (we have extraordinary minds at Adaptive) You can learn from anyone here, which is the beauty of it
- To take part in the growth and development of a great company
- Our teams feel free to speak up, make suggestions and raise concerns.
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other, and pitch in
- Great consideration for work/life balance (highly-flexible, hybrid working model, well-being benefits…). The balance between professional and personal life is extremely important to us.
- We work hard to provide a positive, collaborative and inclusive culture and to positively impact our staff and local communities through different well-being, diversity and inclusion programmes.
WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK OF US 🗣
You can check our Glassdoor page 🎉
We create benefits with YOU in mind.
- 25 days holiday
- Family medical and dental
- Life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Gym subsidy
- Pension with a 5% match
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle scheme
Long interview processes are stressful and boring, and that is not us 😉
We want to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
So here you will have three stage interviews:
1- A chat with one of our great recruiters.
2- A zoom chat with two of our Engagement manager colleagues where they will ask you detailed questions about your knowledge and your experience
3- A Face to Face interview (either in our office or via Zoom). During this interview, we will dig even deeper.
But don’t worry; everything will be explained to you step by step by your recruiter.
Here is a little tip for you during those stages:
Collaboration is extremely important to us, so don't hesitate to share your thoughts, ask questions, ask for help if needed, etc at any stages!
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: 💜
Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace, and Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgment or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are respectful, collaborative, passionate about what they do, and have the skills needed to be successful in their roles.