Java Developer – London ( Contractors Outside IR35)
At Adaptive, we are a financial consulting firm that partners with capital, commodity, and digital market participants. We value differentiation through technology. Our experienced teams design and deliver complex front-office technology solutions using our proven accelerators to create long-term competitive advantage.
Our clients include the world’s leading investment banks, investment managers, fintechs, and capital market service providers. With a global reach with offices in London, New York, Barcelona, Montreal, and Manilla we have a proven track record of delivering powerful, elegant, and intuitive trading technology solutions.
We are now looking for a Java Developer to provide services on an exciting project!
- An exceptional technologist who wants to solve complex technical challenges, especially in cloud-based environments and using event-driven architecture patterns.
- Someone who is looking to work in a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge and helping each other.
- Experienced building solutions in the capital markets domain.
- An individual who acts with authenticity and integrity through their work and interactions.
- Strong communication skills and comfort working within a team environment.
- Significant, professional server-side software development experience using Java.
- Familiarity with appropriate data structures and their usages (e.g. sets, maps and queues)
- Experience in using messaging technologies (for example Aeron, Chronicle, ZeroMQ or Solace)
- Experience in building solutions within the capital markets domain, for example:
- Order Management Systems
- Execution Management Systems
- Smart Order Routers
- Trading Engines
- Matching Engines
- FIX Gateways
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban) and following SDLC practices.
WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF US
You can check our Glassdoor page
Long interview processes are stressful and boring and that is not us
We want to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
So here you will have three stage interviews:
1- A chat with one of our great recruiters.
2- A Zoom chat with one of our Java colleagues where they will ask you detailed questions about your experience
3- A Face to Face interview (either in our office or via Zoom). During this interview, we will dig even deeper and you will have a pair programming task to do.
But don’t worry; everything will be explained to you step by step by your recruiter.
A little tip for you during those stages:
Collaboration is massively important to us, so don't hesitate to ask questions, ask for help if needed, etc
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
Diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace, and Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgment or negativity.
Consultants will find our team respectful, collaborative, passionate about what they do, and have the skills needed to be successful in their roles.