Adaptive was engaged by a world-class agri-business corporation, with operations spanning the globe, including both domestic and international trade. The client’s business spanned a number of functions, including trade capture and pricing in the front office, physical delivery, fee management, and back office. These global activities were managed in several distinct applications, each with extensive local customizations; this formed a serious barrier to calculating firmwide risk, or generating real-time P&L. Additionally, those legacy applications were inefficient, did not scale, and carried significant operational risk.
To address these challenges, Adaptive has been implementing a Commodity Management, encompassing CTRM (Commodity Trading and Risk Management) and Logistics functionality, system that delivers the following value for this client:
- A unified platform supporting common business practices globally.
- Increased visibility of firmwide risk, and real-time P&L
- More transparent data for senior management of the profitability (or otherwise) of specific centres of activity.
- Metrics that support the growth of the business by acquisition.
- An efficient, scalable, platform, with much reduced operational risk.
- Dramatic reduction in the likelihood and impact of regulatory issues.