Java Developer – Finance/Greenfield Barcelona
Are you sick of having to work stupidly long hours to get recognition and career development? Wouldn't you love to work with a great team of smart, like-minded people who want to work hard and do well but to have a great time whilst doing so? Wouldn't it be awesome to not have to deal with politics but just to turn up each day, do great work with your wonderful team and then go home? We feel exactly the same way and so are delighted to tell you that we're hiring!
Our Barcelona office is looking for a senior Java developer to join our team and work on a greenfield project that will deliver a next-generation back office system for a major custodial bank. The platform will be delivered with a modern technology stack throughout. This includes a reactive front-end and Java back-end. Adaptive has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and driving the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
You will be:
- Participating in the squad effort to build and release quality financial software in a timely manner.
- Involved in the technical design and implementation of a distributed, multi-region, multi-platform microservices based architecture.
- Working in a test-driven environment, part of an agile cross-functional squad.
Required skills and experience:
- Solid, professional experience of server-side software development experience preferably in Java.
- Passionate about building distributed, scalable, reliable, and performant software.
- Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP and REST.
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban).
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good English language skills are great to have (but we do offer classes).
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience with financial systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Language: English (fluent).
What we offer in return:
- Great work/life balance.
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns.
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in.
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues.
- No politics.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: We strongly believe that diversity and inclusion are key to a great workplace and that Adaptive is better when it’s more representative of the world around us. We want everyone to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work without any fear of judgement or negativity. All we ask is that our colleagues are passionate about what they do, have the skills needed to be successful in the role and are adaptable and collaborative.
Check us out on our different platforms!
Don't worry, we won't put you through tens of interviews! We'll review your application and if it's aligned with what we're looking for, we'll arrange a phone call with you. If after that phone call, we're both happy to proceed, we'll arrange for you to speak with someone in the technical team by phone. If that goes well and we're all still happy, we'll invite you to our offices to meet with us for an interview.
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.